Happy Weekend, DDScottville Peeps!
Time for another one of my fave Vegetarian and/or Vegan Recipes - Really Good Vegetarian Meatloaf (Really!)
***Got this one from Food(dot)com on Pinterest
1 cup lentils (I use Bioitalia 100% Organic Lentils from Italy)
1 small onion, diced
1 cup quick-cooking oats
3/4 cup shredded Daiya cheddar cheese
1 egg, beaten
4 1/2 ounces organic ketchup
1 t garlic powder
1 t dried basil
1 T dried parsley
1/2 t sea salt
1/4 t black pepper
1. Drain and partially mash lentils
2. Stir in onion, oats and cheese until mixed
3. Add egg, ketchup, garlic, basil, parsley, season salt and pepper
4. Mix well
5. Spoon into loaf pan that has been generously sprayed with olive oil spray and shape by hand into a loaf
***I like to spread a little more ketchup all over the loaf, too.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes until top of loaf is dry, firm and golden brown
7. Cool in pan on rack for about 10 minutes
Bon Appetit and Happy Lentil Loaf-ing!!! --- D. D.